Business Development Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Sales & Marketing | Full time
Start Date: ASAP
Oak is a cloud-based, digital workplace designed for employee engagement and communication. Oak is used by hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide from an amazing base of customers; brands like Aldi, Halfords, ITV, Five Guys, Tarmac, River Island, NBS, Moss Bros and Paperchase.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to sell Oak’s Digital Workplace solution to new enterprise clients, primarily in the UK, but potentially abroad. You will work with the marketing team but also actively generate your own leads, cold call new business prospects, follow up on inbound leads and create nurturing campaigns as needed to secure sales.
You will need to be a people person who can build strong internal relationships and collaborate with R&D, Customer Success and our Digital Workplace consultants to create solutions that work for our customers.
You are expected to have or develop an in-depth knowledge of the issues professionals in Internal Communications are facing and solution ecosystem which Oak is part of.
Oak’s target audience are enterprise professionals country wide in Internal Communications, IT, Marketing and HR in multiple vertical with a sales cycle of anywhere between 3-9 months and a deal sizes between £60k and £250k.
- You are expected to very comfortable with web-based applications with the ability to pitch and demo Oak to potential customers both face to face and via video conference.
- We are not a hard-sell organisation. We are looking for high energy, likeable team players who like meeting new people and who are comfortable presenting to management level groups.
- We are looking for candidates with enterprise level experience selling SaaS based or technical solutions.
- You should have a good understanding of sales in a SaaS business and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be a lifelong learner with a hunger for knowledge and success.
- You need to enjoy travel and be comfortable visiting clients on site.
- We value and welcome diversity in our teams and we believe it helps us innovate and improve our solutions.
- We’re passionate, employee-centric and love what we do.
- We support the local tech community sponsoring and hosting local meet-ups which we encourage our employees to speak at.
Above all else we have an excellent culture at Oak which we work hard to maintain. We are looking for an experienced person that has a positive outlook and is a good fit in a highly engaged team.
- 25 Holidays (+8 bank holidays)
- Gym membership subsidy
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Ability to buy and sell holidays
- iPhone, Laptop
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the job title as the subject line.
Tell us why you’re perfect for the role and attach your CV (with your name and the role you’re applying for in the title), and please make sure you include an up-to-date phone number and email address in case we need to contact you.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Oak is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
By applying for this or any role at Oak, we will collect and store your CV, and contact details. For further details on how we process and store your data, please see our Recruitment Privacy Notice.