Technical Solution Architect
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Customer Success | Full time
At Oak we pride ourselves on hiring great people and providing an amazing workplace culture for everyone. We know how important it is that you feel trusted, encouraged and supported throughout your career. That's why at Oak we place a huge emphasis on people, making sure that you as an employee are given everything that you need to thrive in your new role. From growth and development, to making sure that your voice, ideas and opinions are heard - we value our staff as individuals and recognise all contributions as a critical element to our wider success.
Right now is an incredibly exciting time to join Oak. We’re growing rapidly and expanding into a variety of exciting new areas. Recognised as one of the UK’s best intranet providers, we work with some of the best known household brands including Aldi, Five Guys, Boohoo and more. We know that with great progress comes a need to hire even more great people. So, If you want an exciting and rewarding career with one of the North East’s fastest growing software companies, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to work closely with our sales and implementation teams. This is a highly consultative role, requiring you to build a deep understanding of our users, the Oak platform, and release management in general.
If you’re excited by helping users succeed, committed to delivering a great customer experience, and enjoy solving challenging problems, our Solutions Architect role is right for you.
You’ll become a subject-matter expert on Oak, providing support and advice to users as they implement our product and embed it into their teams. Working closely with our sales team, you’ll assist with product demos and guide technical discussions, confidently advising on everything from the intricacies of development to configuring continuous integration pipelines. You’ll demonstrate how Oak solves user’s challenges and ensure they receive world-class customer support.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team of developers, salespeople, and marketers. By combining technical expertise and commercial awareness, you’ll maximise sales opportunities and help us drive the growth of the business forward. Your close user contact will also feed into our ongoing product development, and be the voice of users throughout the company.
- Work closely with our sales team to maximise opportunities by building tailored customer success plans that speak to the needs of our users and demonstrate the value of Oak
- Debug complex issues and provide world-class technical support by developing a deep understanding of Oak our users, and their challenges
- Provide consultative advice to our customers on best practices and how to implement them with Oak
- Be a customer champion, ensuring their views are represented in the company and driving continual improvement in user satisfaction
- Contribute to our support documents to ensure they’re clear and accurate, and research and write new content to fill any gaps
- Help improve the technical knowledge of our sales team, coaching them on new developments within Oak
- Influence product development by working closely with our product, marketing, and sales teams to collect and digest user feedback
- Maintain a laser focus on quality, with top-notch written and spoken communication
- Keep abreast of our competition, product development, and changes to the ecosystem
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn
- A can-do attitude with a focus on delighting users
- The ability to convey complex technical topics with simplicity
- Demonstrable writing skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience in technical (pre-)sales or implementation roles or problem solving in a technical environment would be highly beneficial
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface) & iPhone provided
- Flexible holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How We're Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.
Find out what people say about working at Oak Engage
“Since recently joining Oak engage I’ve enjoyed every single moment! The onboarding process has been amazing, from getting my home working equipment delivered to meeting my new colleagues and getting up to speed in my new role, everything has been seamless. Everyone who works for Oak genuinely cares about the product and their customers who use it and are always striving for improvement. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to join Oak and would recommend them to anybody!”
Gary McIntosh - Technical Solutions Architect