Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Full time
We have great people at Oak and we want to rapidly scale…..
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to help us grow our team by finding, hiring and onboarding exceptional talent across a variety of roles. You will be responsible for our entire hiring plan, shaping the hiring process end-to-end to ensure that we are attracting the right people from the right sources all while providing an exceptional candidate experience.
This will be a full cycle recruitment role, where you will constantly develop candidate pipelines to allow for proactive recruitment and rapid backfill hiring. In addition to salary & benefit benchmarking and levelling, and employer branding.
Have a full insight into Oaks vision and people strategy in order to be able to understand recruitment needs, prioritise roles and keep within budgets.
It’s more important for us to find the right person, with the right attitude, who is eager to learn, than their experience, and our recruitment process needs to reflect this.
- You will build strong internal and external relationships to thoroughly understand Oaks people strategy in order to deliver on an impactful talent strategy.
- Strengthen our employer branding and create recruitment methods that attract the best possible talent on the market.
- You will have a key role to play in building and nurturing a strong talent pipeline.
- Build the Oak Employer Brand
- Monitor and report on quarterly and annual hiring plans
- Create Job Specifications, Job Adverts and publish in relevant spaces.
- Own Oaks internal applicant tracking system
- Screen applications/CV's
- Conduct initial phone screens to create shortlists of qualified candidates
- Work closely with Hiring Managers to arrange interviews/job offers
- Ensure a stellar candidate experience, following up with all candidates throughout the hiring process
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings
- Be present and network with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events (currently online)
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
- Create and manage a career development framework and help the team at Oak master the key skills they need to perform as individuals and as part of the wider tea,
- Salary/benefit levelling
- High-quality experience recruiting tech and non-tech roles (either in-house, agency, or both)
- People Operations and/or Talent Acquisition experience in a startup environment
- Hands-on experience with the largest job sites like Monster and Indeed
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and niche professional websites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Github and Stack Overflow
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Skilled at sourcing candidates identifying needed skills, finding the right candidates and closing candidates using everything you've gathered from them in the process.
- A keen interest and/or experience in HR / Employee experience and a willingness to learn and develop in this area
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Passion for working in a dynamic startup environment
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or relevant experience
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface) & iPhone provided
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows - you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How we're operating through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.