Oak builds simple, intuitive comms & engagement software for desktop and mobile devices.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building a mobile app offering of our Web App for both the iOS and Android platforms. Your role will be to help develop and maintain a singular app which operates as the counterpart to our existing web solution.
- Build consistent UI through both platforms
- Build reusable components and libraries
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Experience with writing React Native apps
- Comfortable working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with the deployment of mobile apps, including App Store approval.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Familiarity with making use of offline storage
- Experience with end to end testing of React Native applications
- Familiarity of the expo.io library
- Above all else we have an excellent culture at Oak which we work hard to maintain.
- We are looking for an experienced person that has a positive outlook and is a good fit in a highly engaged team
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface)
- Unlimited holidays
- Health insurance
- Gym contribution
- Social events
- Current remote working, however you must be based within travelling distance of Newcastle upon Tyne - as this will not be a remote role once it is safe to return to the office