Product Marketing Executive
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Marketing | Full time
At Oak we pride ourselves on hiring great people and providing an amazing workplace culture for everyone. We know how important it is that you feel trusted, encouraged and supported throughout your career: that’s why at Oak we place a huge emphasis on people, making sure that you as an employee are given everything that you need to thrive in your new role. From growth and development, to making sure that your voice, ideas and opinions are heard - we value our staff as individuals and recognise all contributions as a critical element to our wider success.
Right now is an incredibly exciting time to join Oak. We’re growing rapidly and expanding into a variety of exciting new areas. Recognised as one of the UK’s best intranet providers, we work with some of the best known household brands including Aldi, Five Guys, Boohoo and more. We know that with great progress comes a need to hire even more great people. So, If you want an exciting and rewarding career with one of the North East’s fastest growing software companies, we want to hear from you.
Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our customers the tools they need to bring their teams together and get the best from their people.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Executive to lead our outbound product marketing activities. You’ll be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand, boost sales and drive awareness across our target markets.
For this role, you’ll be a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be familiar with various aspects of product marketing such as the creation of email campaigns, writing insightful and in-depth content and devising effective launch strategies.
Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products.
- Study and gain a full understanding of Oak Engage products
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Follow and analyse market trends to position products
- Develop product marketing strategies (advertising, product marketing launches)
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Work with various teams (Brand Design, Demand Generation, Outreach Product, sales) to implement strategies
- Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Proven experience in product marketing
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus
- Proven experience developing and executing strategies
- Familiar with best practice content marketing
- Experience in market analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Excellent communication skills (both internally and externally)
- Keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Macbook and iPhone
- Unlimited holidays
- Fitness/Wellness subsidy
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Social events
How We're Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
At Oak Engage, we ask that all candidates must be within commuting distance of Newcastle city centre. We feel that our people are a massive part of what makes our culture so dynamic, vibrant and exciting. We’ve always been big believers in pushing positivity, growth and inclusivity at Oak. Because of this, we want all of our employees to experience firsthand what it’s like to be part of one of the North East’s best workplaces. Whilst we are rapidly expanding and recruiting for a lot of new opportunities over the coming months, we’re determined to retain our fantastic culture and keep people at the heart of what we do.
Find out what members in this department had to say about working at Oak Engage:
“ I came to Oak straight out of university and couldn't have picked a better place to start my first job. Management is supportive and always looking out for you and there are so many opportunities for career growth and development. Oak really is a great place to work.”
Emily Lavin - Social Media & Content Executive
"Having only worked at Oak for a few months, I already know that it’s a fantastic place to work and I wouldn't have wanted to start my career anywhere else. Both management and the rest of the team are very supportive, making it a friendly, fun and positive environment to work in."
Molly Southern - Marketing Content Specialist