Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Marketing | Full time
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
We are looking for a PR Strategist to own Oak’s PR Strategy and media relations. We’re looking for someone who has done this before working directly with our clients, journalists, designers, developers and Content Team writers to identify relevant angles for Oak (product, stories, content, interviews, insights, opinions), in order to feature in top tech and HR publications.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining media relations, reporting to the Head of Marketing and collaborating with the marketing team in promotional activities.
You must be an exceptional communicator. They possess creativity and knowledge of different tactics to identify and engage the appropriate target audience.
- Formulating PR plans and strategies
- Enhancing the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Managing media relations and requests
- Developing PR strategies and campaigns
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Liaise with marketing professionals to ensure consistency in promoting corporate image
- Arrange for interviews or public speaking events and construct press releases
- Preparing press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders, media and the public
- Be able to set up interviews with relevant employees and publications to increase the profile of both the individuals within the company and Oak
- Establish us as an authoritative source within the industry. People to need to quote what we say, our stats and refer to us as the preferred experts
- Get our best work in front of the people that need to see it the most
- Identify influencers and people that could increase the visibility and reach of Oak
- Assist in responding to editorial requests via outlets
- Identify appropriate editorial opportunities
- Experience pitching to relevant media outlets
- An understanding of how to integrate PR with a larger SEO strategy
- Good at establishing and maintaining relationships
- Capitalise on latest industry trends
- Innovative and intuitive - thinks outside the box
- Proven experience as PR assistant or similar position (preferably in a Saas environment?
- Understanding of SaaS
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Computer savvy; working knowledge of databases and design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Well-organised, able to work with deadlines
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
- iPhone / Mac, Laptop or Surface
- Flexible holidays
- Gym membership subsidy
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Extensive training
- Social events
How We're Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.