Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Full time
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
Comms, culture and engagement are hugely important to us here at Oak, so it’s critical that we find the right person for this role. You will be responsible for supporting our amazing employees on a day-to-day basis.
Oak is a great place to work (check our Glassdoor), we have a great team, where people are challenged to do their best work, and every single person makes a difference and we want to continue this.
Exceptional people deserve the best that we can provide in terms of working environment and support. We trust our people and provide them with the freedom to make choices that work for them.Working directly with the Head of People you will be responsible for helping us build and support this exceptional group of people in addition to being integral to scaling and supporting Oak as we grow.
You will partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support their departments. This will involve driving recruitment of the best talent, supporting wellbeing and helping to manage employee development programs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about people and Comms and is looking for a rewarding career.
- Draft job descriptions
- Using our applicant tracking system screen CV’s, email candidates
- Arrange interviews with candidates and relevant hiring managers
- Create offer letters and employment contracts for new starters
- Build a strong employer brand and ensure all candidates have a positive experience.
- Book onboarding meetings for new employees with team managers and directors
- Own the HR System (Bamboo HR) including uploads, audits and new hire onboarding
- Onboard new employees and ensure they have access to necessary resources and tech.
- Assist IT with equipment needs
- Manage employer branding initiatives including Glassdoor, such as gathering employee testimonials and building online content for Oak’s careers page
- Make sure we’re compliant with all relevant employment laws
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information
- Update all policies in our internal Oak site Nutshell
- Assist with Performance appraisal training/planning
- Responsible for wellbeing programme ideas and implementation
- Send out and analyse results of our anonymous employee feedback survey, present recommendations
- Schedule training and team bonding activities for employees
- 2+ years in a HR role
- Experience with HR software, like HRIS or HRMS
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, in particular)
- Knowledge of employment law
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise important projects
- Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills
- 2BS in Human Resources or relevant field
- Macbook or Surface
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows - you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How We're Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.