Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Engineering | Full time
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
We are looking for an IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our business systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s IT needs.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience, a proven track record and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Responsible for the management/deployment of any internal IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Asset management
- Responsible for purchasing/distribution of all IT equipment for employees
- Manage the IT budget
- Support business continuity, coordinating and communicating with other teams
- Maintain security of data, devices, network, and backup systems
- Develop and support system policies and procedures including the risk register
- Implement new technologies to adopt best-practices and eliminate problem areas
- Support staff with a wide range of technical issues
- Management of all Microsoft/Google online systems and drives
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware and software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Proficient in the management of Microsoft Laptops and Apple Macbooks
- Familiarity with
- Outlook, 365 online, Google Drive and GMail
- Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, and Group Policies
- Windows and Mac desktop operating systems
- Mobile Device Management systems
- Office 365 and Google Suite
- Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface) & iPhone provided
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows - you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How we're operating through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in the commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.