Internal Comms Executive
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Full time
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
Communication is a key role in any company and is especially important given current circumstances. Reporting to the Head of People, you will be the go to person for internal comms, working closely with the People and Comms team to bring new life to employee engagement. This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to help design and deliver an internal communication strategy that informs, motivates and engages.
If you embrace being challenged, like to think outside the box and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life at Oak.
- Own the internal Comms Platform (‘Nutshell’) at Oak Engage, using the same technology that our customers use, mapping out our employees journey and creating a site that engages, informs and delivers.
- Responsible for implementing Oak’s internal comms strategy
- Plan, edit and write compelling content to ensure our employees are informed and engaged on company strategy, performance, brand and culture
- Produce a calendar of fresh, engaging and educational content
- Work with our Brand Design team to ensure content is presented in a clear and engaging format
- Manage the delivery of campaign-led communications, projects and support internal events
- Work closely with marketing to create engaging comms to ensure colleagues are informed and motivated, including business successes and people rewards.
- Update and revise all internal content
- Plan content for our weekly Company Happy Monday Update
- Be a go-to knowledge base at Oak on internal communications, working closely with the wider business
- Support the People team by ensuring all relevant Onboarding/HR information is on the Oak platform
- Work with the team to create and deliver an employee wellbeing programme, ensuring employees feel connected
- Support the business by ensuring all employees have access to all information needed to enable them to do their job better
- Produce external blogs on Internal Communications
- Be present in the network of Internal Comms and build relationships
- Become a leading influencer in the Comms space
- Previous experience in a Communications Executive role
- Experience of creating and managing effective plans through to delivery.
- High level of IT literacy preferably with experience of digital communications channels.
- Keen eye for detail and impeccable accuracy
- Outstanding written and communication skills - able to research, write, produce and edit great content.
- You will have a strong desire to understand and collaborate with all areas of the business in order to create insightful and relevant content
- Self-starter who can maintain high standards in a fast-paced environment.
- A confident people person who easily builds relationships with people from all levels.
- You will be educated to degree level or have relevant work experience
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface) & iPhone provided
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows - you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How we're operating through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.