For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
We are looking for a talented Front End Web Developer. You will be responsible for developing our website, ensuring amazing user experiences and assisting in the design of all marketing materials.
You should have an eye for clean and artful design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
You will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final handoff to QA
- Conceptualise original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Marketing design
- 2 years minimum proven work experience as a Web Designer (preferably in umbraco)
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS/ jQuery/Bootstrap
- Optimising a website for mobile
- SEO knowledge
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Azure pipelines
- Git source control
- Understands and has experience working to WCAG 2.1 AA
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface) provided
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows - you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How we're operating through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.