Customer Engagement Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Customer Success | Full time
We’re Oak and we’re on a mission to make the experience of communicating with employees simpler, easier and more streamlined than anyone else.
We believe there is a better way to use technology to engage employees, cut through the noise, and inspire action that puts people at the heart of organisations.
At Oak we pride ourselves on hiring great people and providing an amazing workplace culture for everyone. We know how important it is that you feel trusted, encouraged and supported throughout your career. That's why at Oak we place a huge emphasis on people, making sure that you as an employee are given everything that you need to thrive in your new role. From growth and development, to making sure that your voice, ideas and opinions are heard - we value our staff as individuals and recognise all contributions as a critical element to our wider success.
The Customer Engagement Manager role is a key technical resource for our Enterprise Sales Team, Implementation team and Customer Success teams throughout the sales cycle, implementation process and beyond.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Engagement within the Revenue team.
You will be primary engagement support for our Customer Success and Enterprise Sales teams providing technical engagement support, requirements gathering and problem solving including:
- Working with customers/prospects in an Agile way helping with both new deployments or upgrades using templated pre-canned solutions
- Work with both sales and CSM’s within the revenue team to achieve sales and upsell targets as an active team member
- Develop and deliver technical presentations that explain our new features to clients and prospects.
- Answer product questions and provide basic technical support on the use of Oak Engage
- Have a full understanding of Oak including the technical aspects of HRIS integration, authentication and mobile deployment
- Ability to work with design to implement customer branding and styles into a template driven customer Oak site
- Carry out online customer education to maximise customer engagement with Oak, identify any possible solutions they have not considered
- Document any new technical issues, investigate solutions, and communicate the solutions to the appropriate teams and then see them through to resolution
- Work closely with the product team to stay current on product features and platform changes
- Provide input to internal product teams on customer needs and industry trends for product enhancements
- Identify, evaluate, and communicate customer trends to leadership in a prompt manner
- 2+ years experience in a technical consulting, sales engineering or similar position
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to logically troubleshoot issues
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to work on many projects and sales opportunities simultaneously
- A good understanding of the enterprise software space
- Previous experience in technical sales support, customer success or direct technical sales.
- Desirable - Bachelor's degree in IT, business, or a related field
- Laptop and iPhone
- 25 days, 8 Bank Holidays, Additional 5 days holiday if you need them
- Oak Bank Holidays - additional days off when the company shuts down + Time off between Christmas & New Year
- Travel allowance - £50 a month
- Fitness membership - up to £30 a month
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Equality and Diversity Statement
At Oak Engage we are dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all individuals are valued and respected. We embrace applications from candidates of any background, irrespective of race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We believe that diverse perspectives enrich our organisation, enabling us to thrive. Our commitment extends beyond recruitment, as we actively promote equal opportunities, fair treatment, and a culture of respect for all employees. Join us in creating a workplace that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion.