Business Development Representative
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Marketing | Full time
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to help drive the growth of our SaaS employee engagement & comms platform, Reporting to the Business Outreach Manager within our Marketing team.
You must be an ambitious, energetic, persistent go-getter to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. You must be comfortable making calls, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and qualifying leads to pass to our Sales team to close.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting lead quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from the first contact until you convert to a sales qualified lead.
You will be responsible for researching and qualifying high-priority leads and prospects and calling them to understand their needs with the ultimate goal of setting up a qualified next action for the sales team. Working closely with the marketing team, you will follow up on inbound inquiries, develop nurturing plans, and share feedback on marketing campaign effectiveness.
What you’ll do…
- Research and identify potential prospects to create marketing qualified leads
- Initiate outbound telephone, email, and social contact with prospects.
- Identify, develop, and qualify new business opportunities with decision-makers.
- Carry out desk-based research to help qualify prospects.
- Qualify and close sales appointments with potential customers for our Sales team.
- Qualify and follow up on inbound inquiries.
- Performing research and intelligence gathering on prospects.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Route qualified opportunities to the sales team for further development and closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory.
- Good technical ability and confident using and explaining SaaS based online products and services.
- Technical aptitude to fully learn our SaaS product, in order to discuss solutions with prospects.
- Customer-facing experience
- A good academic background ideally with a degree level qualification
- The ability to prioritise effectively and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, be organised, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of a technical marketplace and organisational structures
- A high level of comfort interacting with potential clients on the telephone and over email
- Knowledge of the sales process and familiarity with a CRM system (preferably Salesforce)
- Laptop (Macbook or Surface) & iPhone provided
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows - you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
- Social events
How We're Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.