Business Development Representative
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK | Sales & Marketing | Full time
At Oak we pride ourselves on hiring great people and providing an amazing workplace culture for everyone. We know how important it is that you feel trusted, encouraged and supported throughout your career that’s why at Oak we place a huge emphasis on people, making sure that you as an employee are given everything that you need to thrive in your new role. From growth and development, to making sure that your voice, ideas and opinions are heard - we value our staff as individuals and recognize all contributions as a critical element to our wider success.
Right now is an incredibly exciting time to join Oak. We’re growing rapidly and expanding into a variety of exciting new areas. Recognised as one of the UK’s best intranet providers, we work with some of the best known household brands including Aldi, Five Guys, Boohoo and more. We know that with great progress comes a need to hire even more great people. So, If you want an exciting and rewarding career with one of the North East’s fastest growing software companies, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Business Outreach Representative to help drive the growth of our SaaS software, Reporting to the Business Outreach Manager within our Sales & Marketing team.
You’ll seek out new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. You must be comfortable making calls, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and qualifying leads to pass to our Sales team to close.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting lead quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from the first contact until you convert to a sales qualified lead.
You will be responsible for researching and qualifying high-priority leads and prospects and calling them to understand their needs with the ultimate goal of setting up a qualified next action for the sales team. Working closely with the marketing team, you will follow up on inbound inquiries, develop nurturing plans, and share feedback on marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Research and identify potential prospects to create marketing qualified leads
- Initiate outbound telephone, email, and social contact with prospects.
- Identify, develop, and qualify new business opportunities with decision-makers.
- Carry out desk-based research to help qualify prospects.
- Qualify and close sales appointments with potential customers for our Sales team.
- Qualify and follow up on inbound inquiries.
- Performing research and intelligence gathering on prospects.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Route qualified opportunities to the sales team for further development and closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory.
- Good technical ability and confident using and explaining SaaS based online products and services.
- Technical aptitude to fully learn our SaaS product, in order to discuss solutions with prospects.
- Experience of B2B lead generation
- Motivated and proactive
- Able to build relationships with senior external stakeholders
- Strong all-round communicator
- Ability to organised, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A high level of comfort interacting with potential clients on the telephone and over email
- Knowledge of the sales process and familiarity with a CRM system (preferably Salesforce)
- Macbook and iPhone
- Unlimited holidays
- Fitness/Wellness subsidy
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Social events
How We're Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
At Oak Engage, we ask that all candidates must be within commuting distance of Newcastle city centre. We feel that our people are a massive part of what makes our culture so dynamic, vibrant and exciting. We’ve always been big believers in pushing positivity, growth and inclusivity at Oak. Because of this, we want all of our employees to experience firsthand what it’s like to be part of one of the North East’s best workplaces. Whilst we are rapidly expanding and recruiting for a lot of new opportunities over the coming months, we’re determined to retain our fantastic culture and keep people at the heart of what we do.